top of page
Luminis Egeskov Light festival
30/10/2020 - 8/11/2020
Egeskov Castle, the building as we see it today, was built by Frands Brockenhuus and completed in 1554. Brockenhuus had married Anne Tinhuus a few years earlier, who had taken over the original farm from her parents.
The political unrest, the Reformation and the Count feud caused many large landowners of that time to build their residence as a fortress that was difficult to capture. So also Frands Brockenhuus, who built his castle in the middle of a lake, according to tradition, on a foundation of so many oak piles that "an entire oak forest was involved".
Lumen in art BV | Robbert ten Caten | email@example.com | +316 46 222 688
bottom of page